Duration: 2 1/2 hours
Adventure type: MTB Cross Country
Group Minimum Size: 2
Group Maximum Size: 8
Skill Level: Novice
Fitness Level: 2
Starts: Guatapés Casa de Ciclistas
Adventure Difficulty Rating: Novice
About This Adventure
Mountain biking in Guatapé, Colombia is an exciting and exhilarating way to explore the stunning natural beauty of the region. Located just a few hours outside of Medellín, Guatapé is home to La Piedra del Peñol and a network of well-maintained trails that wind through the lush green hills and valleys of the Andes Mountains. This adventure is beginner-friendly, but whether you are a seasoned mountain biker or just starting out, a trip through Guatapé’s back country is sure to be an unforgettable adventure.
This is a 2 1/2 hour biking adventure that will take you on a paved back country loop off the typical tourist path over some small rolling hills behind the pueblo of Guatapé past the back side of La Piedra del Peñol. Here we often see beautiful colorful birds near a small coffee farms. It’s a spectacular picturesque landscape, with La Piedra del Peñol in the backdrop and the archipelago of islands surrounding the area. You’ll leave Guatapé with a camera bursting full of colorful photos and lasting memories of your adventures here in Colombia.
- One of our well maintained MTB Bicycles
- Breakfast or Lunch at Casa de Ciclistas
- Medical Insurance for the trip
- Bottled Water and Sports Hydration
- Professionally trained English / Spanish speaking guide, ride buddy and mechanic
- Hotel Transportation to the clubhouse
- Transportation to or from Guatapé
- No Extras
What to expect
The tour starts at Guatapés Casa de Ciclistas, we’ll mount up and begin by passing through Guatapé, stopping at only a couple points of interests along the way before heading out to the back country. Your guide will help you with photos, and sharing their knowledge of the history and culture of Antioquia with you.
There’s a beautiful Monasterio on the route, we will visit, called Monasterio Hermanas Benedictinas El Paraclito Divino.
After visiting the Monasterio, we’ll hit the trail again passing through some lush mountain farm land, streams and landscapes as we make our way past some artisanal coffee farms located in the shadow of La Piedra. The landscape here is spectacular! You’ll definitely need your camera!
After we past the coffee farms we will make a quick stop at the base of La Piedra, for some quick photos before heading on to the rest of the route. This adventure is perfect for people who are visiting Guatape for just one day. It will leave you with a more complete appreciation for the magic of Antioquia and some of its secrets, hidden in the natural beauty of its landscapes.
Experience breathtaking views of La Piedra del Peñol and the picturesque countryside of this magnificent archipelago.
Skils & Fitness Level
Group Size Adventure:
Minimum Group: 2.
maximum Group: 8.
Minimum Group: 2.
Maximum Group: 8.
Minimum Group: 2.
Maximum Group: 10.
What’s Included In this Adventure
What’s Not Include
What To Take
- Choosing Clothing for Your Bike Trip: is a very personal choice. Everyone has their own system, but there are some items we strongly recommend you consider before your ride.
- A Light Weight Rain Jacket: Weather in Guatape is often unpredictable and rain can come anytime. It’s best to be prepared.
- Shorts and a T-Shirt: Shorts & T-Shirts are perfect.
- Footwear: Tennis Shoes or Cycling Shoes are best! Footwear to avoid are sandals, flip-flops, and old shoes with the bottoms separating.
This Adventure starts at Guatapés Casa de Ciclistas Restaurant.
- Confirmation Will Be Received at Time of Booking.
- This Activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Adventures Operate in all Weather Conditions
- The Casa de Ciclistas Restaurant is Located at the Entrance of Town Across the Main Street from the Municipal Parking lot, Follow the Dirt Road, Next to the Ferroagro Hardware Store.
Mountain Biking in Colombia is the best way to fully experience the country’s stunning natural beauty and warm hospitality. We invite you to join us, on a fully supported cycling adventure here in Colombia to visit places that can only be seen on two wheels.